Prayer is an essential part of the work of Reconciled World. We depend on it. Without it we have no hope of seeing transformation happen in the lives and communities where we are involved.
We are looking for 100 people to commit 1 hour a month to pray for Reconciled World. It might not sound like a lot but we do desperately need those 100 hours of prayer and if you do decide to pray more we certainly won’t be complaining.
You can either pray alone or part of a group – we recommend forming a group with a few of your friends to meet once a month to pray. We love the accountability and support that comes from praying together. However, if it’s easier for you to pray 15 minutes a week or a few minutes each day by yourself then we are thankful for that as well.
Each month we will send out a prayer mailing—it includes two sections. The first section looks at an area that we are focusing prayer on that month—it might be a topic like gendercide or a ‘lie’ (for example, hopelessness). The second section will include our top four to five prayer needs for the month. In the download section at the bottom of the page, you can download an example of the issues section about Gendercide. In the first week of December we will be sending you the next update – this month we are looking at the persecuted church. Unfortunately as we near Christmas, persecution increases so we are looking to stand with our brothers and sisters around the world in this Christmas season.
We also have available in-depth prayer guides – we produce these for our key prayer topics. These are typically two to three pages and go much deeper into the topic. They are for those who want more background around a topic that they are looking to pray for. The in-depth prayer guide for Gendercide is also in the downloads section.
You can sign up below to be part of our 100 new members.
Click on each of the program tabs to see the current prayer requests from that program’s leader.
- Please pray for continued wisdom as we adjust our structure to better support our growth and changing needs. Pray that we find the right people for the open positions and that each person’s role would best match their gifts and talents.
- Please pray for our communications team as we launch our new website. Pray for us to produce content that is true to our calling and glorifying to God. Pray for it to inspire and encourage others in their own calling from God. Pray for all the details and technical work to go smoothly.
- Please pray for God to expand our base of intercessors. Pray for wisdom for our prayer initiative team as we seek to mobilize more prayer.
- At the beginning of May, we will be speaking at the International Wholistic Missions Conference in Phoenix, Arizona. Specifically we will give an orientation for the TCT program. Pray for the speakers to be sensitive to know what the Holy Spirit wants them to present as they prepare. During the conference itself, 3-5 May, pray for hearts to be sensitive to what God is saying. Pray for opportunities to connect with organizations and churches according to God’s plan and timing. Pray for the follow-up, that attendees would put into practice what they’ve learned at the conference.
In His Image
- Please pray for our director to have a full and complete recovery from cancer. Pray for her family during this time. Pray for grace and wisdom for the rest of the leadership team at the center as they step up their responsibilities in the director’s absence.
- Please pray for God’s presence to be felt at the In His Image Center every day, that His name will be glorified, and that the students and staff will come to know Him more.
- Please pray for staff members who will love the students unconditionally. Those who work with children with autism have a high rate of burnout, so pray for their peace, joy, patience and perseverance.
- Please pray for the opportunities that we have to influence and bless our wider community. Pray for us to be a witness of God’s truth about people with different abilities.
- Please pray for new staff to join our team. Pray for the right people with a passion to share God’s heart about this issue. Pray especially for someone to lead the initiative to raise advocates on university campuses.
- Please pray for the initiative to teach churches about domestic violence. Pray for the churches who have already received the training as they reach out to other churches, spreading the ideas of how to prevent domestic violence and how to support those affected by it. Pray for new opportunities to spread this training with mainline denominations.
- Please pray for the worldview of India to change so that women and girls are valued and loved for who God has made them to be.
- Please pray for God to give our staff appropriate words as they address this delicate issue.
- The Wholistic Development Center’s two-year program finishes in May for the current group of students. Please pray for the staff to finish on a strong note with excitement and confidence in the students.
- Please pray for the students staying in the city to get good jobs with good employers. Pray for them as they transition to this next stage in life, that they will remain secure in their faith and continue to mature in their gifts and skills.
- Please pray for the students returning to rural villages to be well-received and have influence in their families and communities. Many of these communities have little or no Christian witness. Pray that the students will be salt and light as they return.
- Please pray for the directors as they go to the US to connect with family and churches after graduation. Pray for rest and refreshment on their trip. Pray especially for the health and release of chronic migraines, back pain and food allergies for one of them.
- Please pray for wisdom as incoming-students are selected for the next class. Pray for God to remove obstacles for those who He has selected to be there. Pray for our staff to be discerning according to God’s will.
The Create Commission
- Praise God for the opportunity to expand our residency program. Please pray for us as we design a new style of residency for college students. Pray for the development of our teaching on the theology of the arts. Pray for the preparation of a new track on mentoring for the international residency.
- Please pray for the art workshops in marginalized communities. Pray for the art to open the minds and spirits of those who we are working with. Pray for them to be brought closer to their Creator through the creative art.
- Please pray for our community of artists to grow and mature.
- Please pray for our founder, as he finishes a master’s degree in the US and returns in June. Pray for him and his family through the transition.
- The structure of TCT includes many trainers in a cascading model (international, regional, national, districts) Please pray for each of these trainers to grow and mature in their own understanding of the concepts presented in TCT. Pray for God to reveal new understanding through scripture and the Holy Spirit. Pray for their communication skills and sensitivity to the context as they are training.
- Please pray for the churches to grow in their desire to love their neighbors well. Pray for the Acts of Love they do to supernaturally impact the communities they are in as a witness to the Lord.
- Please pray for the curriculum development process. Pray that the materials produced would be faithful to God’s truths and be applicable across the many contexts and cultures they will be used in.
- Please pray for wisdom and guidance for the leaders of TCT to know when, where and how to pursue new opportunities. Pray that God would send the partners He desires to work through.
- Please pray for new investors. The demonetization issues in India made repayment difficult for many clients. Pray that even with this issue, investors would continue to support the work.
- Please pray for the staff as they continue through a values training program. Pray for them to capture a vision for how they can have transformative impact in the communities where they work.
- Please pray for our clients, that they and their families would be able to provide for their basic needs and to grow their businesses. Pray for them to come closer to God through the work of GEM.
- Please pray for wisdom for the leadership of GEM as they continue to grow and have influence with other microfinance institutions.
- Please pray for the local leadership with the Rahham work. We are developing leaders for each church and fellowship group among the marginalized and vulnerable communities. We want leaders who will serve, witness for Christ, and provide support to take the ministry forward with concern, understanding, commitment, and Christ’s love for the poor and marginalized communities.
- Please pray for Jesus’ light to break into the lives of the people we work with. Pray for bondages to be broken and for deliverance for people with various strongholds. The daily lives of the people we serve are affected by alcoholism, drug addiction, chronic diseases, demonic possessions, debts, unemployment, broken families, accidents, headaches, domestic violence, divorce, trafficking, child labor, disabilities, repeated abortions, untimely deaths, bloodshed, communal fights, and thefts.
- Praise God for the rapid numerical growth of the churches. Please pray for them to become deeply rooted in the Word of God, to grow in their faith, and to learn to obey God in all areas of their lives. In the days ahead, we look forward to a new core group of godly families and communities among the various vulnerable communities that we serve.
Poverty Prayer Guide (5 pages)